About this episode
Ben Rosario, the first guest of the podcast returns for his second episode to talk about the recent four year contract that Northern Arizona Elite signed with HOKA ONE ONE, of which he is the coach for.
In this episode, we talked about:
- why Ben thinks that the group training model is the best model for both athletes and sponsors
- how it is a good deal for the industry overall
- health insurance for pro athletes
- recruiting and growth plans for NAZ Elite -“let the body drive the ship”
- adding additional resources to NAZ Elite and what that looks like
- social media for athletes and how it’s a nearly necessary piece of the puzzle
- Tommy Rivers Puzey and what he means to the team and Flagstaff in general
- what he’s learned about himself in 2020
- how NAZ Elite has approached 2020
- balance as an athlete and coach
- focusing on finding a sense of normalcy
- and much more!
Thanks to Janji for sponsoring this episode. As a runner you know the importance of hydration, but you might not know that almost 800 million people lack access to drinking water. By working together, we can create viable solutions and collectively, we can have a greater impact.
The Janji Collective is one way to do that. It’s a membership that earns you tons of perks like discounts on gear and first access to new collections. It’s also a community of adventurous runners around the world. 100% of the membership fee goes towards supporting clean water programs
I’m a member and enjoy knowing that it is a small step that each of us can take that when pooled together, can have quite an impact.
If you use the code FTLR, you can join the Janji collective for $50. You’ll receive a free singlet as well as a special members only discount for life. Every dollar from that will go towards supporting clean water programs.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support