About this episode
Matt Llano is a dog dad, brother, son, boyfriend and professional runner. We recorded this one before he was able to announce the team that he had joined, and the last ~10 minutes were recorded a few weeks later with all the details!
In this episode, we talked about:
- getting into running
- racing plans during the pandemic
- walking away from the sport vs sticking with it
- adding joy back in
- obstacles overcome along the way
- “you’re better than you’ve ever been” and a 2:11 in Berlin
- failure and growth
- coming out and the changes he saw in his career/running
- being a role model in the sport
- joining Dark Sky Endurance and why
- and more!
Follow along with Matt’s adventures at twitter.com/mattllano and instagram.com/mattllano
This episode is sponsored by Janji. As a local to Boston running apparel company, I’ve enjoyed seeing Janji grow over the years and their gear has only gotten better as time has gone on.
As the weather gets cooler in much of the country, upgrade your gear with some of the amazing options from Janji! I’ve been loving their tights and raincoat in colder or wet weather lately!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support