About this episode
Dr Kirstin Lauritzen is a chiropractor and human nutrition expert living in Portland, Oregon predominantly working with athletes.
In this episode, we talked about:
- her educational background
- high performance and how everything is intertwined
- looking at the body from a functional perspective
- her experience and goals as a triathlete
- the learnings from long training and racing/adventure days
- a deep dive into nutrition and the most common deficiencies
- how to use lab work to drive decision making on nutrition
- the importance of eating enough and sleep/stress management
- knowing your why
- and much more!
Follow along with Dr. Kirsten’s adventures at https://www.instagram.com/drkirstin
This podcast is brought to you by BOCO Gear, a Boulder based custom headwear company company named after Boulder, Colorado.
BOCO Gear was founded by kay Martin and born out of her learnings during her more than 25 year career in the outdoor industry.
If you’ve been running trail or ultra races for the last few years, there’s a pretty high chance you own a BOCO hat or two.
I have almost a dozen BOCO hats and they’re definitely my favorite headwear, and early in the pandemic they even started producing high quality face masks!
Check them out at BOCOgear.com and take 20% off with the code FTLR