About this episode
Kate Grace is a middle-distance track athlete running faster than ever later in her career. She is a new Boulder resident and member of Team Boss.
In this episode we talk about:
- being a part of Team Boss
- not taking yourself too seriously
- turning off from running
- the Boulder bubble
- handling disappointment at the US Olympic trials
- Kate Grace’s summer revenge tour
- staying in the moment
- the flaws of perfectionism and holding running too tight
- the dark side of peak performance
- relationships and mentors
- coaching conversations
- the pursuit of progress and continual improvement
- living with integrity and staying true to yourself
- playing tag to running pro
- technology breaks and social media sheep
- not over-sharing and feeling misunderstood
- role modelling healthy, sustainable habits on and off the run
Thank you to Tracksmith for their support of For the Long Run Podcast. Tracksmith is a Boston-based running apparel brand, born from a desire to celebrate both the history and the evolving culture of running.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall.
I have been loving their van cortland long sleeve, which pairs well with the Allston half tights on a brisk fall day.
Imagine a world where running injuries don’t exist and every runner stays healthy.
That’s the world I want to live in and that’s exactly the world Recover Athletics wants to make happen. Recover is the first prehab app for runners. It instantly generates custom prehab programs made up of strength, plyometric, and mobility exercises to help you loosen tight muscles, get stronger, and run your best.
Their team designed it with top physicians and marathoners like Meb Keflezighi. It’s guaranteed to make you a stronger and more injury-proof runner.
If you want to fix your aches and pains, get stronger, and set PRs, go to the app store right now and download the Recover Athletics app today
I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation (or use code FORTHELONGRUN)!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support