About this episode
Andrea is a chiropractor, elite marathoner for Oiselle, and a dog mom. Hazel, her naughty Shiba puppy, makes her presence known with frequent interruptions, and you can follow her on Instagram @hazelraetheshiba
In this episode we talk about:
- Andrea’s very early beginnings in running
- college recruiting decisions
- team spirit and looking beyond individual success
- deciding to become a chiropractor
- being told you would never run again to finishing a marathon, fast!
- navigating graduate studies and running
- Andrea’s naughty puppy Hazel!
- qualifying for the Olympic Trials
- body changes and a culture of disordered eating
- the consequences of under-fuelling
- close relationships with mentors
- asking for help and prioritizing mental health
- overcoming mental demons and building back stronger
- falling in and out of love with running
- evolving relationships with sport and self-image
- big audacious goals
- strong female role models and inspiring others
- a foundation of health and support
Imagine a world where running injuries don’t exist and every runner stays healthy.
That’s the world I want to live in and that’s exactly the world Recover Athletics wants to make happen. Recover is the first prehab app for runners. It instantly generates custom prehab programs made up of strength, plyometric, and mobility exercises to help you loosen tight muscles, get stronger, and run your best.
Their team designed it with top physicians and marathoners like Meb Keflezighi. It’s guaranteed to make you a stronger and more injury-proof runner.
If you want to fix your aches and pains, get stronger, and set PRs, go to the app store right now and download the Recover Athletics app today
Thank you to Tracksmith for their support of For the Long Run Podcast. Tracksmith is a Boston-based running apparel brand, born from a desire to celebrate both the history and the evolving culture of running.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall.
I have been loving their van cortland long sleeve, which pairs well with the Allston half tights on a brisk fall day.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will generate a 5% donation to the Michael J Fox Foundation, and you’ll also get free shipping!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support