About this episode
Kelly Roberts, she/ her, is a 32 year old entrepreneur, YouTuber, podcaster, running coach and jokester. She is on a mission to help others ditch diet culture and finding community and fun.
In this episode we talk about:
- building community
- running through grief and difficult emotions
- overtraining, disordered eating and diet culture
- Kelly’s first half marathon experience
- running to overcome life’s obstacles
- the love-hate relationship with running
- learning about training and pacing
- feeling accomplished and proud of your effort
- the journey to qualifying for Boston (and failing)
- achieving goals enjoying the process along the way
- working through pre-defined limits and the stories we tell ourselves
- more to running than the marathon
- taking time off for mental health
- the loneliness of injuries
- the Badass Lady Gang and friendships beyond running
- unpacking deep thoughts and inner demons
- the human experience: similarities between elites and amateurs
- dating and forming romantic relationships
- body image resilience
- sports bra squad and running representation at all sizes
Thank you to Tracksmith and Goodr for sponsoring this episode! I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders with the code FORTHELONGRUN will contribute towards this donation! Goodr has the slickest shades around, for only $25 and $35. They don’t slip or bounce, and stay on my face way better than more expensive sunglasses.
If you’d like to support me and the show, treat yourself to a pair (or two or three) of Goodr and head over to Goodr.com and get 15% off your entire order with the code FTLR. That’s 15% off at goodr.com and code FTLR. Your face will thank you.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support