About this episode
Holly Proulx is a super curious, adventurous learner who is between being a student and full-time worker. She highly driven, motivated and enjoys running.
In this episode we talk about:
- the intersection between the environment and athletics
- being a newer runner
- starting out in trail and ultra running
- connection in nature and on the run
- finding yourself through tragedy and trauma
- addiction to progress and doing more
- exploring limits with curiosity
- valuing life and prioritizing
- respecting sleep and nutrition
- planning an FKT attempt on the Colorado trail
- forging your own path
- daring to try something new and not settling
- Bravey and running through grief
- fun with food and self-acceptance
- role models
- finding the positivity in your situation
- using your skills for good
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith just released their thaw collection, and as the seasons shift yet again, I’m proud to continue this partnership with them.
Tracksmith is a brand for committed runners like you and me. People who know that the best part of a busy day is squeezing in a workout. They offer products for training, racing, and rest days, which you know I’m a fan of, and create experiences that make running more rewarding, more connected, and more meaningful.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders with the code FORTHELONGRUN will receive free shipping, and 5% of your purchase amount will be donated to the Michael J Fox Foundation to help find a cure and support those living with Parkinsons.
Thanks again to Goodr for supporting this episode.
I have a few different styles and love them all. At $25 a pop, you can leave a pair in your car so that you’ll never be without some shades.
You can feel good about your purchase too, as 1% of goodr’s annual gross sales (not profits!) go directly to environmental nonprofits working towards making our world a better place.
If you’d like to support me and the show, treat yourself to a pair (or two or three) of Goodr and head over to Goodr.com/FTLR and get 15% off your entire order. That’s 15% off at g o o d r dot com slash FTLR. Your face will thank you.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support