About this episode
This week’s episode is with YiOu Wang. YiOu is a trail and ultra runner who lives and trains in Northern California.
In this episode ahead of the Olympic Trials, we discussed:
- qualifying for the Trials due to a last minute race change
- training for the Trials as a trail runner
- lessons learned from the trails that carry over to the roads
- her “couch to Boston Marathon Qualifier” while living in Boston
- going up in distance beyond the marathon
- sponsorship and social media as a pro athlete -“luck is when preparation meets opportunity”
- being process focused vs results oriented
- her travels
- and more!
Follow along at https://www.instagram.com/ywangruns/ and https://twitter.com/Magicsquid
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support