About this episode
This week’s guest is Aliphine Tuliamuk. Aliphine is a professional runner on HOKA ONE ONE’s Northern Arizona Elite, based in Flagstaff, Arizona.
In this episode (which was recorded before the announcement was made about postponing the Olympics), we talked about:
- racing (and winning) the Olympic Marathon Trials
- her roots and moving to the US after growing up in Kenya
- rest and recovery after one of the biggest races of her life
- uncertainty and her approach to moving forward
- Northern Arizona Elite and the team environment
- re-watching the Trials
- crocheting and keeping busy
- her favorite spots in Flagstaff
- much more!
Follow along with Aliphine’s adventures at https://www.instagram.com/aliphine and https://twitter.com/aliphinetuliamu
This week’s podcast is sponsored by SynchroKnit, powered by Wigwam! SynchroKnit uses breakthrough technology creating a truly fitted sock that doesn’t slip, and it enhances the performance of a running shoe. They’re tight on the arch and heel which makes it feel snug. Go to synchroknit.com and enter in code LONGRUN25 to receive 25% off. I’ll be wearing them this spring and you should too!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support