About this episode
Jacky Hunt-Broersma is an amputee, cancer survivor and Ultrarunner who has been running for the last four years, living in Cary, North Carolina, though she’s originally from South Africa.
In this conversation we talked about:
- trail running as an amputee
- pushing boundaries and doing things people have told her she can’t do
- running 100 miles on a treadmill
- her first trail race being a 40 miler
- the logistics of trail running with a blade
- being a role model for her kids
- getting “used to” people saying she’s crazy
- big scary goals she has
- some of the lessons she’s learned over and over
- and much more!
Follow along with her adventures at instagram.com/ncrunnerjacky
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support