About this episode
Nickademus De La Rosa is a trail runner and coach living in Sedona, Arizona.
In this podcast, we dove deep into mental health, therapy and also talked about suicide.
We also talked about:
- having heart surgery in 2018
- borderline personality disorder and how it impacts him
- shame and self-loathing
- chasing the hardest events and why
- his relationship with running
- understanding that relationships and ultrarunning were what he defined worth by
- what “you are enough” means to Nick
- why he got out of bed today
- destigmatizing therapy
- his motivation for talking about therapy and mental health
- running as a part of therapy but not the only form of therapy
- his role models and how they’ve changed
- and much more
Follow along with Nick’s journey at https://www.instagram.com/ultrademus
Thanks to Janji for sponsoring this episode. As a runner you know the importance of hydration, but you might not know that almost 800 million people lack access to drinking water. By working together, we can create viable solutions and collectively, we can have a greater impact.
The Janji Collective is one way to do that. It’s a membership that earns you tons of perks like discounts on gear and first access to new collections. It’s also a community of adventurous runners around the world. 100% of the membership fee goes towards supporting clean water programs
I’m a member and enjoy knowing that it is a small step that each of us can take that when pooled together, can have quite an impact.
If you use the code FTLR, you can join the Janji collective for $50. You’ll receive a free singlet as well as a special members only discount for life. Every dollar from that will go towards supporting clean water programs.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support