About this episode
Judith Kasiama: Skier, entrepreneur, diversity advocate
Judith or Juju Kasiama is a skier, entrepreneur and diversity advocate who founded Colour the Trails, a group for BIPOC and allies interested in outdoor activities.
In this episode we talked about:
- Colour the Trails
- her upbringing and her statement about where she’s a local vs where she’s from
- getting uncomfortable
- what community means to her
- her definition of community
- how to create change
- balance and burnout
- access to nature
- access to mental health
- her relationship with mental health and therapy
- how she uses nature as a form of therapy
- some tips for being in nature in this way
- and much more!
Follow along with her adventures at instagram.com/jujumil and instagram.com/colourthetrails
This episode is sponsored by Janji. As a local to Boston running apparel company, I’ve enjoyed seeing Janji grow over the years and their gear has only gotten better as time has gone on.
I have a few pairs of both the AFO split and AFO middle shorts, and highly recommend them. Their singlets are super cool too. You can take 15% off all month with the code FTLR15.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support