About this episode
Christine Yu is a runner and freelance journalist who covers sports, science and health for Outside Magazine, Women’s Running, Women’s Health, Washington Post and many more. She lives in New York, is a mom of two boys and is working on her first book!
In this episode, we talked about:
- her interest in science and the human body
- her plans to go to med school and where it changed
- her start as a journalist
- writing at the intersection of sports and sports science
- taking chances along the way
- why she runs
- feeling like she has a chip on her shoulder… and why
- how she manages with imposter syndrome
- what she knows now that she wishes she knew earlier
- patience and consistency
- and much more!
Follow along with her running and writing at https://twitter.com/cyu888 and https://www.instagram.com/cyu888/
This episode is sponsored by Janji. As a local to Boston running apparel company, I’ve enjoyed seeing Janji grow over the years and their gear has only gotten better as time has gone on.
I have a few pairs of both the AFO split and AFO middle shorts, and highly recommend them. Their singlets are super cool too. You can take 15% off all month with the code FTLR15.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support