About this episode
Alyssa Olenick, or Little Lyss Fitness is into business, fitness (both strength and endurance), fellow podcaster and is working on her PhD in Exercise Physiology.
In this episode, we talked about:
- getting into strength sports
- getting into ultra running while also training heavy
- her entertaining and informative instagram account and how it started
- why she runs
- myth-busting science
- exercise physiology and nutrition metabolism as her academic interest
- her own podcast
- some strength related additions runners can make
- how to include strength training in a running routine
- pooping in the woods
- science communication
- and so much more!
Follow along with Alyssa’s adventures at twitter.com/littlelyssfit an instagram.com/littlelyssfitness
This episode is sponsored by Janji. As a local to Boston running apparel company, I’ve enjoyed seeing Janji grow over the years and their gear has only gotten better as time has gone on.
As the weather gets cooler in much of the country, upgrade your gear with some of the amazing options from Janji! I’ve been loving their tights and raincoat in colder or wet weather lately!
You can take 15% off all month with the code FTLR15.
I hope you love them as much as I do!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support