About this episode
Kyle Pietari is a competitive ultra runner working full time, husband, father of 3, and expert of the daddy miles.
In this episode we talk about:
- early high school athletics memories
- the influence of the ultra running community
- competing in 100 mile races
- the ugly side to ultras
- metaphors in running and life
- pain and struggle
- appreciating the intrinsic benefits
- pushing hard when nobody is watching
- making hard habitual
- fitting in the training around a busy life
- inspiring others to achieve
- setting high expectations
- making training time family time
- daddy miles
- identity as an ultra runner
- no regrets and seizing the moment
- surpassing limits and exploring potential
This episode is brought to you by Lyric, to help enable everybody and every body to feel better, every day.
Lyric is a therapeutic massager and a home wellness companion. It’s designed for display so you won’t forget to use it, and it looks beautiful on any coffee table.
It even includes an accessory handle to find those hard to reach places, so you can massage your back, by yourself!
Grab yours today for $199 at national retailers like Target, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, or REI, or get free shipping with the code FTLR at experiencelyric.com.
This episode is also brought to you by beam.
I absolutely love beam’s products, particularly the dream powder. Did you know you can get a subscription to beam’s dream powder? It’s what I use most nights before bed to help with a refreshing night’s sleep. When you subscribe, you’ll get the dream blend with a bunch of perks like even better pricing, free shipping, a free mug, and a drink frother just for signing up.
Dream helps me wind down at night and it’s made with compounds like melatonin and magnesium that support a better night’s sleep.
Make sure to use code FTLR at checkout for an extra 15% off on top of the 20% discounted monthly rate!