About this episode
Gwen is mom to 4 year old Stanley and husband to Pat, new Boulder resident and professional athlete. She prefers to orient her identity around family rather than athletics.
In this episode we talk about:
- gratitude for what our bodies can do
- growing up swimming and running and the pitfalls of early specialization
- raising an active son
- making running fun
- trusting the process and understanding the purpose behind each run
- including family in the training
- transitioning from the highs of triathlon Olympic gold to the lows starting afresh in running
- setting and achieving big goals
- a team effort
- what motivates Gwen Jorgensen
- evolving relationships with running, data and metrics
- an introvert’s approach to social media
- role modelling hard work and dealing with disappointment
- not caring about what other people think
- fearing success more than failure
- redefining success and recognizing the positives regardless of the outcome
Thank you to Tracksmith and Recover Athletics for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support