About this episode
Sara Manderscheid is a sister, daughter, dog mom, an adventurer and lover of life who also runs and coaches runners.
In this episode we talk about:
- discovering running as an adult
- staying true and betting on yourself
- challenging fears and opening yourself up to success
- the Boulder running community
- finding flow and fun on the run
- coaching others versus coaching yourself
- going big and exploring your potential
- living authentically with no regrets
- prioritizing the coach-athlete relationship
- filling up your cup and spreading joy
- small steps gaining momentum
- consistency with the process
- questioning you why
- the people you surround yourself with
- chasing big goals with fun first
- running for the love of it
This episode is brought to you by Tracksmith and Goodr.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support