About this episode
Jess Broderick is a runner, family girl, very passionate friend and a coach. Without any of those labels, Jess defines herself as “joy”.
In this episode we talk about:
- choosing joyful places and settling in Boulder
- Jess’s professional triathlete career
- helping other people achieve their goals
- mental health in athletics
- taking a step back from sport to prioritize mental health
- finding fulfilment
- retiring from elite athletics
- coaching and giving back to the community
- team success outweighing individual glory
- the impact of different stresses on running
- dealing with loss and heavy emotions
- doing hard things and preserving through the lows
- being vulnerable and leaning on support
- running for more than PRs and fast times
- learning from the struggle
- putting yourself out there and taking risks
- valuing relationships
- dreaming bigger and the influence of the people around you
Thank you to Tracksmith and Goodr for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation!
Summer may have come and gone but Goodr still has the slickest shades around, for only $25 and $35. They don’t slip or bounce, and stay on my face way better than more expensive sunglasses.
If you’d like to support me and the show, treat yourself to a pair (or two or three) of Goodr and head over to Goodr.com and get 15% off your entire order with the code FTLR. That’s 15% off at goodr.com and code FTLR. Your face will thank you.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support