About this episode
Matt is a running podcaster, running coach, lover of sports, father, husband, and proud masters runner.
In this episode we talk about:
- starting a podcast
- evolving the interview process
- staying true to a mission and to Matt’s core audience of amateur athletes
- the world of running podcasts
- taking risks and betting on yourself
- being a full-time podcaster and run coach
- being self-employed and parenting through the pandemic
- finding financial stability while working for yourself and handling future uncertainty
- side gigs and supplementing your income
- competing in and coaching collegiate basketball
- Matt’s journey with running and athletics
- unfinished business with the marathon
- Matt’s upcoming race at CIM
- measures of success
This podcast is brought to you by Freedom Solar and Recover Athletics.
Freedom Solar is the company I am using to go solar on my house.
When I first started looking into solar, I thought it would be a clunky and expensive process. Freedom Solar walked me through the economics of it, where if you choose financing, you can potentially be up $50 a month, every month, starting the day you turn your system on.
With no downpayment required, solar not only ads value to your home and is great for the environment, but allows you to save money from day one.
Freedom Solar operates in Texas, Colorado, Virginia, and Florida, but there are plenty of other great options nationwide. The buying process was fascinating and so eye opening, and I wanted to pay my learnings forward. If you’re curious, message me on Instagram or Twitter, and I’d be happy to help you get in contact with some great resources!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. You can get it on the app store right now by searching “Recover Athletics” or click the link in the show notes. If you like it and want to upgrade, their premium subscription costs less than one trip to a PT. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support