About this episode
Jake Tuber returns for round two! Jake is a dad, husband, guy in his mid-30s, doctoral candidate and professor, founder of Endeavorun, injured runner and self-described overly sarcastic/ serious goofball.
In this episode we talk about:
- Endeavorun, a training retreat for everyday athletes
- the corkscrew of life
- failing forward and spiralling upwards
- the progression-plateau cycle of training and life
- learning from injuries
- the role of coaches to facilitate athletes’ transformations
- the mental side of running
- unpacking the running identity
- life and death on the run
- peak performance psychology
- pacing and mid-race self talk
- managing adversity and negative thoughts
- psychological strategies for running success
- chunking up races and training
- reframing expectations
- preparing for race day in training
- pre-race anxiety types: levellers and sharpeners
- personalized help to improve performance at Endeavorun
- upcoming Endeavorun Retreat in Austin in February
Use code FORTHELONGRUN for $150 off the Endeavorun Austin Retreat.
Thank you to Tracksmith and Recover Athletics for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support