About this episode
Stevie Smith is a proud dog mom to Chance, small business owner of Stevie Lyn Nutrition, registered sports dietitian, multi sport athlete and autoimmune warrior.
In this episode we talk about:
- Stevie’s background in team sports
- catching the running bug as an adult
- dealing with injuries
- jumping in big endurance events early
- the power of support and community spirit
- Ironman triathlons and ultra-marathons
- being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis
- identity as an athlete with a chronic autoimmune condition
- readjusting goalposts and finding silver linings
- working with your body, not pushing against it
- pulling back when training stops being fun
- Stevie’s work helping athletes with their nutrition
- showing up and supporting others in running and in life
- action over inertia: no such things as “the right time”
- done is better than perfect
- nutrition myth busting: lighter is not faster, thinner is not better
- working for yourself and owning your own business
Thank you to Tracksmith and Recover Athletics for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith recently released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support