About this episode
Dean Karnazes is a lifelong runner, author and explorer of all 7 continents.
In this episode we talk about:
- running through all different life stages
- running being fate
- magic in misery and struggle
- finding ultra running in the 1990s
- a 30 year evolution of trail and ultra running
- racing to explore rather than to win
- adventures on foot and around the world
- 300+ marathons, 48hours on a treadmill and more epic endurance feats
- the mental hurdle and finding flow
- staying engaged and taking in the scenery
- being uncomfortable yet persisting
- longevity and relevance in the running world
- success being fulfilling potential
- staying curious and moving forward
- making a lasting impact on the world
- being a better animal
Thank you to Tracksmith and Recover Athletics for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders that start from that page will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support