About this episode
Back by popular demand, we celebrate Episode 200 with multiple time repeat guest, David Roche!
David is a running coach, life-confidant, mentor and general tailwind for a bunch of people.
In this episode we talk about:
- being a tailwind
- the why behind the podcast
- key takeaways from the last 200 episodes
- translating lessons from running into life
- the weight of story telling
- the future of For The Long Run
- staying open to growth and curiosity
- handling criticism and negative comments
- not being afraid to be authentic and speak your truth
- farting around and not taking life too seriously
- removing pressure and expectation
- coaching with unconditional support
- hill strides
- coach-athlete relationships and the human condition
- more to life than running
- choosing happiness and bringing energy
- imposter syndrome
- plus a lot of tangents and laughs!
Thank you to Tracksmith and Recover Athletics for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders with the code FORTHELONGRUN will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support