About this episode
Roberta Groner is a mother, nurse, and runner who loves to challenge herself in all aspects of life.
In this episode we talk about:
- getting into running for the challenges and friendships
- shifting from high school miler to masters marathoner
- rediscovering running in adulthood
- crazy progressions later in life
- balancing different hats
- chasing World Records
- playing the long game and loving the process
- being a single mom
- prioritizing family vs all in on running
- consistent routines in running and life
- “oh sh*t” moment when life happens
- reaching new limits and setting personal bests as a masters runner
- staying present and giving your best today
- ultra running and new challenges
- ultra training in cities without trail access
- shifting mindsets and goals throughout life
- mind games in tough moments
- the closeness of the running community
- taking risks and having no regrets
- doing the hard right not the easy wrong
Thank you to Tracksmith and Recover Athletics for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith released their fall collection, which was designed to celebrate the seasonal shifts as we find our rhythm this fall. I’m proud to partner with Tracksmith, and they’re going to donate 5% of your order value to the Michael J Fox Foundation for all orders, and you’ll also get free shipping. The Michael J Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure and helping those living with Parkinsons. Both of my grandfathers have or had Parkinsons, and I’m grateful of Tracksmith’s support for something so personal.
Visit https://www.tracksmith.com/collections/for-the-long-run to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders with the code FORTHELONGRUN will contribute towards this donation!
Recover Athletics is a supporter of not only this podcast, but my own running. It was built in Boston by two lifelong training partners who got tired of aches and pains getting in the way of their running.
In 90 seconds, their app will customize a program for your body and your training. I plugged in some of my more common aches and pains, and I got a custom built program designed to strengthen the muscles and tendons that will help avoid those issues going forward.
Your first custom prehab program is free, AND they have an unlimited free trial. Give Recover a try today. Your legs will thank you
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support