About this episode
Bertrand describes himself as the happiest version of himself at this moment in time. He is a former hotel executive who got into running later in life. Coach B is a father, brother, son, eldest of 6, full-time run coach and 64x marathoner!
In this episode we talk about:
- being humbled and appreciating the challenge of running
- getting hooked on running and race celebrations
- everyone has a unique and beautiful journey
- being your personal best self
- finding your why for training and racing
- social running and prioritizing fun
- taking the leap from corporate America to becoming Coach B full-time
- finding your true purpose and trusting your intuition
- the coach-athlete relationship
- consistently leveling up as we age
- happiness and intangible measures of success
- running as a team sport
- seeking out adversity and silver linings
- Endeavorun running retreat
- representation in the running/ coaching community
- the impact/ influence of coaches
- relatable role models
Follow Coach B on Instragram @bertrandnewson and his coaching @toolegitfitness
Freedom Solar Power
This episode is brought to you by Freedom Solar Power, the company I am using to go solar on my house.
When I first started looking into solar, I thought it would be a clunky and expensive process.
Going solar isn’t as hard as you think it is, and Freedom Solar Power is a turnkey solution focused on educating the consumer and making sure they have all the information they need to make sure going solar is right for them, both financially and as a way to help the planet.
With no downpayment required, solar not only ads value to your home and is great for the environment, and might even allow you to save money from day one.
Freedom Solar operates in Texas, Colorado, Virginia, and Florida, but there are plenty of other great options nationwide.
Thank you to Hydrow for sponsoring this episode! Hydrow is an immersive workout experience, designed to bring the physical, mental, and emotional experience of on-water rowing, straight to your home.
Hydrow workouts are quick, efficient and low impact. Rowing for just 20 minutes a day provides you with a full body workout, which engages 86% of your muscles major muscle groups. For context, cycling engages 44%.
I’ve been enjoying my Hydrow to fit in bonus cardio that doesn’t take much time at all, as even a 10-15 minute row feels like a solid workout. It’s a fun experience to be able to row on familiar routes, or explore new ones.
Head to https://hydrow.com/ to learn more, and use code FTLR100 for $100 off your order.
This episode is also brought to you by Goodr. Spring is here and Goodr has the slickest shades around, for only $25 and $35. They don’t slip or bounce, and stay on my face way better than more expensive sunglasses.
If you’d like to support me and the show, treat yourself to a pair (or two) and head over to Goodr.com and get 15% off your entire order with the code FTLR. That’s 15% off at Goodr.com and the code FTLR. Your face will thank you!
— Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support