About this episode
Addie is a professional athlete, sports psychology consultant, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, author and run coach. Personally and professionally, Addie is heavily involved in the running community.
In this episode we talk about:
- choosing to explore your limits across all facets of running
- coaching athletes to stay curious
- racing free of pressure or expectation
- handling discomfort
- building mental toughness requires intentional practice
- unpacking mastery and a growth mindset
- training for the Leadville 100 mile race
- giving back to the running community
- setting goals within your control: process over outcome
- reasons for running 100 miles
- “normal” non-elite athletes can run ultras too
- separating your why and successes from objective measures
- using running as a reflection for how you want to show up in the world
- giving your best effort, even in low moments
- deciding how you respond to challenges
- distractions vs feedback during races
Follow Addie on Instagram @addiebracy and For The Long Run @forthelrpod
— Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support
This episode is also brought to you by Previnex. Previnex makes clinically effective supplements that promote longevity, performance, and every day health, and they donate vitamins to malnourished children with every customer order.
From firsthand experience, I can tell you that Previnex supplements are awesome and flat out work! I highly recommend you check out and try these products for yourself. One of the best parts is that if you don’t experience benefits on any product within 30 days, Previnex has a no questions asked 100% money back guarantee for a full refund. You have no risk and everything to gain here.
Use code FTLR for 15% off your first purchase of any products at previnex.com.
Freedom Solar Power
This episode is brought to you by Freedom Solar Power, the company I am using to go solar on my house.
When I first started looking into solar, I thought it would be a clunky and expensive process.
Going solar isn’t as hard as you think it is, and Freedom Solar Power is a turnkey solution focused on educating the consumer and making sure they have all the information they need to make sure going solar is right for them, both financially and as a way to help the planet.
With no downpayment required, solar not only ads value to your home and is great for the environment, and might even allow you to save money from day one.
Freedom Solar operates in Texas, Colorado, Virginia, and Florida, but there are plenty of other great options nationwide.
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring this episode.
Tracksmith is an independent running brand inspired by a deep love of the sport. Their Summer Collection, inspired by the blue hues of summer watering holes, is now available and features staples thoughtfully designed for training. From their race-day-ready Van Cortlandt Singlet cut from Tracksmith’s signature 2:09 mesh, to the Allston Half Tights and Shorts built to provide a sleek fit in a minimal silhouette, these pieces are built to work as hard as you do.
Visit Tracksmith.com/forthelongrun to see some of my favorite pieces, and all orders with the code FORTHELONGRUN will receive free shipping, and 5% of your purchase amount will be donated to the Michael J Fox Foundation to help find a cure and support those living with Parkinsons.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support