About this episode
This week’s guest is Shalane Flanagan.
Shalane is an Olympic Medalist and American Record holder, who is now a coach for the Bowerman Track Club in Portland, Oregon.
In this episode, we talked about:
- graduating from a pro runner to a pro coach
- running for the joy of it
- uncertainty in the weeks ahead and what runners can and should do
- the secret to successful running -“stuffing the silo” -“the joke’s on them, I would’ve done this for free!”
- her excitement for what’s ahead and paying it forward
- Run Fast, Eat Slow
- Running the Boston Marathon again some day… for fun!
- the running community
- her goals for the future
and much more!
You can follow Shalane’s journey at https://www.instagram.com/shalaneflanagan/ and https://www.twitter.com/shalaneflanagan/, and you can find her cookbook co-authoried by Elyse Kopecky at https://runfasteatslow.com/
This week’s podcast is sponsored by SynchroKnit, powered by Wigwam! SynchroKnit uses breakthrough technology creating a truly fitted sock that doesn’t slip, and it enhances the performance of a running shoe. They’re tight on the arch and heel which makes it feel snug. Go to synchroknit.com and enter in code LONGRUN25 to receive 25% off. I’ll be wearing them this spring and you should too!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support