About this episode
This episode is with Rebecca Mehra. Rebecca is a professional track and field athlete on Little Wing Athletics, public policy nerd who works for the mayor of Bend, Oregon.
In this episode we talked about:
- women supporting women
- being supported by Oiselle
- training with Little Wing Athletics and having Lauren Fleshman as her coach
- improving as an athlete and a person
- focusing on mental strength
- public policy
- social media as a professional athlete
- struggle with burnout
- team experiences in college and pro athletics
- her evolving Why
- going viral
- how nutrition and blood analysis has played a role in her progress and how it helps her stay healthy
- her favorite distance
- using comparison in a healthy way
- and more!
Follow along with Rebecca’s adventures at instagram.com/rebecca_mehra and twitter.com/rebecca_mehra
This episode is brought to you by Wellness In Motion, the clinic in Boston that I’ve been going to for chiropractic and sports massage for the last few years.
Normally an in person experience, they closed in mid march to help promote social distancing.
While they aren’t able to treat patients in a traditional sense, they have pivoted so that they can continue to help all of us by offering complimentary 30 minute telehealth consults to not only their current clients but anyone who wants or needs advice regarding an injury or about maintenance in general. Yes, that’s anyone, nationwide, at no cost.
You’ll be able to connect with a trained practitioner, get prehab or rehab exercises and self-treatment options so that you can continue to run strong. Head to wellnessinmotionboston.com and let them know I sent you!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support