About this episode
This episode is with Kamilah Journet.
Kamilah is an observer, runner and marketer in the outdoor industry.
In this episode we talked about:
- diversity in the running world
- setting boundaries with WFH life
- Black Lives Matter and learning about Kamilah’s voice
- getting uncomfortable
- analogies between running and life
- using her voice in a powerful way
“Are you only a runner come race day?”
- her experience in the outdoor industry
- trail running and how inclusive and accepting it is
- running distance vs sprints, when the sprinters looked more like her
- her running in 2020 and doing whatever she wants
- why runners (and athletes) are uniquely equipped to handle societal change that takes a long time
Follow along with Kamilah’s journey at instagram.com/kamilahjournet
This episode is sponsored by Addaday. I’ve been loving their BioZoom, a portable, myoacial release device, essentially a massage therapy gun.
In these times when I’m not able to see my chiropractor for ART and other manual therapies, the BioZoom definitely hits the spot… pun intended of course.
BioZoom is designed to help with recovery and can target specific areas of the body in different ways with one of the five attachments designed for tissue specific treatments.
Quieter than the other therapy guns out there, I love using mine while sitting on the couch relaxing, or honestly, even while on a Zoom call.
You can get your own at Addaday.com and use the code FTLR15 to save 15% off.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support