About this episode
This episode is with Alan Scherer. Alan lives with bipolar disorder and is a recovering alcoholic who loves to run.
I met Alan in 2013 with November Project Boston in the early days, and I’ve always been inspired by his passion for the community and getting out and living life.
In this episode, we talked about:
- getting into running
- his focus and love for community
- trail and ultra running
- the euphoria of running longer and stronger
- his experience with alcoholism and his sobriety
- hitting rock bottom in 2010 and how he turned himself around -“those are my yahoos”
- the power of just showing up
- and so much more
I hope you enjoy this one. If Alan’s story resonates, I’m sure he’d love to hear that. You can follow along with his adventures at https://www.instagram.com/stigmafighter.alanscherer/ and instagram.com/strongbeginswithin
The fundraiser he mentioned for Father Bills is https://www.facebook.com/donate/733544874121221/1128926324129479/
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support