About this episode
Alexi Pappas is a runner, film maker, writer, actress and Olympian for Greece.
In this episode we talked about:
- what she means when she says Bravey
- her upcoming memoir and what will be in it
- writing poetry
- her social media presence
- role models
- how she has used nutrition
- carbs and eating whole grains and how her nutrition experiences have been different in different places
- eating more and the impact it has had for her
- post Olympic blues and her experience with mental health
- getting stuck in Greece during COVID
- how she’s handling the unknown when it comes to the Olympics
- why she runs
- and much more!
Follow along with Alexi’s adventures at instagram.com/alexipappas and twitter.com/alexipappas
This episode is brought to you by UCAN. If you know me, you know I’m all about personalization and not having a one sized fits all solution. That applies to training, nutrition in general, and nutrition for training and UCAN is another tool in the toolbox I’ve loved over the years.
Along with professional athletes like Alexi Pappas and Meb, I’ve used UCAN for marathons in the past and have recently been incorporating their SuperStarch into my day-to-day routine, and before my long runs for steady energy.
Superstarch provides long lasting energy and helps keep your blood sugar stable with tasty summer flavors like cran-raz, tropical orange and more. I also LOVE their bars, particularly the chocolate peanut butter as a late morning or mid afternoon snack. Take 15% off your order at ucan.co with the code FTLR
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support