About this episode
Lex Gillette is an athlete, a Paralympian, world record holder, speaker and person who loves life at the end of the day.
In this episode we discussed:
- being a Paralympian and losing his eyesight at a young age
- how he’s handling 2020 and the uncertainty around the Olympics and Paralympics
- his background in athletics
- getting into adaptive athletics
- what it’s like to be a blind Track and Field athlete
- getting to and maintaining a high level of excellence, with his first Paralympic Games being in 2004
- winning gold at the Games and what it would mean for him
- where his motivation comes from
- his Why
- the meaning of life (yep, we went there!)
- and much more!
Follow along with Lex’s journey at https://www.instagram.com/lexgillette and https://twitter.com/lexgillette
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support