About this episode
Peter Bromka comes back for round two! Peter’s a runner, writer, dad and husband from Portland, Oregon.
In this episode, we talked about:
- his return to the podcast
- why he’s the most referenced man on FTLR
- running in 2020 and not being motivated to do a virtual race
- motivation in general
- living in Portland, OR during the protests
- explaining the murder of George Floyd to his five year old son
- missing goals
- learning from a “failure”
- OTQ standards and the differences with men/women
- Tommy Rivers Puzey and their relationship
- chasing big goals
- his storytelling and ability to take us along for the ride
- fall goals, both his and mine
- and so much more!
Follow along with his journey at twitter.com/bromka and instagram.com/bromka
Peter’s first episode was episode #10.
This episode is brought to you by UCAN. If you know me, you know I’m all about personalization and not having a one sized fits all solution. That applies to training, nutrition in general, and nutrition for training and UCAN is another tool in the toolbox I’ve loved over the years.
Along with professional athletes like Alexi Pappas and Meb, I’ve used UCAN for marathons in the past and have recently been incorporating their SuperStarch into my day-to-day routine, and before my long runs for steady energy.
Superstarch provides long lasting energy and helps keep your blood sugar stable with tasty summer flavors like cran-raz, tropical orange and more. I also LOVE their bars, particularly the chocolate peanut butter as a late morning or mid afternoon snack. Take 15% off your order at ucan.co with the code FTLR
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support