About this episode
David Roche is back for his third episode, this time joined by Megan!
A much more casual vibe, this episode sounded like the three of us were sitting around a table eating tacos.
In this episode, we talked about:
- podcasting and lessons learned
- what it means to “shoot your shot”
- tips for fueling and hydrating on hot runs
- epidemiology (the topic of Megan’s PhD!)
- comfort being “the ultimate illusion”
- gravel biking
- a ruptured hamstring and the recovery process (Megan)
- lessons learned during COVID
- a couple of spot on Kurt Vonnegut quotes -“You are always enough”
- and so much more!
Follow along with the Roches at instagram.com/meg_runs_happy / instagram.com/addiedoesstuff and twitter.com/mountainroche / twitter.com/meg_runs_happy
This episode is brought to you by UCAN. If you know me, you know I’m all about personalization and not having a one sized fits all solution. That applies to training, nutrition in general, and nutrition for training and UCAN is another tool in the toolbox I’ve loved over the years.
Along with professional athletes like Alexi Pappas and Meb, I’ve used UCAN for marathons in the past and have recently been incorporating their SuperStarch into my day-to-day routine, and before my long runs for steady energy.
Superstarch provides long lasting energy and helps keep your blood sugar stable with tasty summer flavors like cran-raz, tropical orange and more. I also LOVE their bars, particularly the chocolate peanut butter as a late morning or mid afternoon snack. Take 15% off your order at ucan.co with the code FTLR
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support