About this episode
Meghan Slavin is a physical therapist and ultra runner who lives in North Phoenix.
In this episode we talked about:
- her first run (at 18)
- pacing Western States to the finish line
- the energy at Western States and her love for the trail community
- her evolution into ultra running
- what she loves about the hundred mile distance
- Hole To Hump FKT (and being the first woman to complete it)
- her motivation for doing it
- the logistics of starting an FKT that involves a hike down to the base of the Grand Canyon
- an epic story of the actual experience
- what it was like realizing she had finished the FKT and still had to come down from the top of the peak
- and so much more!
This episode is brought to you by BeetElite. I was introduced to BeetElite by Amelia ahead of the Spartan World Championships in Tahoe in 2017 due to the benefit of beets when at altitude.
I had been looking for a beet product that had a good taste, and have loved BeetElite’s powder mix ever since.
Beets can enhance muscle efficiency by reducing the oxygen-cost of exercise, essentially making it easier to work harder. Talk about being efficient.
They’ve even done a clinical trial on their product with interval training in cyclists and found an 18% increase in potential duration.
Try BeetElite yourself to experience the benefits of beet powered performance. Take 20% off all BeetElite products at humann.com/beetelite.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/forthelongrun/support